Landlord eligibility and requirements
- Your residential property(ies) must be located within the King County geographical area
- You must have 5 or more eligible households
- Must provide a lease or Landlord attestation in it's place
- Must provide or verify rent history through a ledger or rent details
- Must submit all required documention, incuding a Form W-9, and sign a Participating Landlord Agreement
- Must agree to Program Terms & Conditions, that align with the greatest regional housing stability efforts (see below)
- Credit tenant’s account within 5 business days of receiving payment
You will receive notification of the total amount of rental assistance approved. We will make payments via ACH (automatic clearing house). In rare instances, we can make payments via check.
Tenants are responsible for
- Providing basic information (first name, last name, date of birth) about all household members
- Providing documentation of income for all adults (18+) in the household (examples of income are taxes or pay stubs). If they have no income, they will have the opportunity to explain this later on in the registration process
- Confirming financial hardship due to COVID-19 and housing instability
- Reading and agreeing to the Tenant Release of Information for EPRAP
Landlord terms and conditions
As the Landlord, property manager/owner, or person authorized to accept payment, I certify the above information is true and will accept the program payment of $ as full satisfaction of any balance owed for the months paid by the program. Additionally,
I agree to abide by the agreements below from the signing of this agreement and all applicable provisions of WA State Landlord-tenant law.
* For purposes of this Agreement, the term “rent” means reoccurring and periodic charges identified in the rental agreement for the use and occupancy of the premises, as defined under state law except that future rent payments do not include future utility payments.
I also acknowledge and agree to:
- Agree to not evict, terminate or refuse the renew the above household’s tenancy until after six months after the payment period (payment period is the last month of rent being paid through this Agreement) unless:
- A household member materially violates the terms of the lease;
- A household member is creating a significant and immediate risk to the health, safety, or property of others; or
- At least 60 days ‘written termination notice is provided to the household based on the Landlords intent to
- Personally occupy the premises as a primary residence, or
- Sell the property
* This Agreement does not preclude a Landlord from seeking to evict a tenant for lease violations unrelated to unpaid rent.
- Agree rent will not increase for the household described above for at least six months after the payment period.
- I will accept rent (including utilities) that are current and/or past-due up to 150% of Fair Market Rent (FMR) or Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR) for up to nine months.
- I understand that I may accept a total of 12 months’ rent (nine months past and current and three months future rent) at 150% of Fair Market Rent (FMR) or Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR) where a lease is provided. In
the absence of a lease, I understand I will receive up to 3 months past-due or current rent at 100% of Fair Market Rent (FMR) or Small Area Fair Market Rent (SAFMR).
- Waive all rent beyond nine-months past-due including all utilities and fees.
- Agree that no late fees or additional charges will be made for the months covered under the payment period after receipt of the EPRAP payment.
- Agree to repayment of these funds (in entirety) if I do not fulfill the terms of this agreement.
I understand the information I provide may be used for program quality improvement and/or research about how the program works and what impact it has had. Neither King County nor contracted EPRAP service providers will share
information that could identify me with a third party or external organization unless I provide my written permission.
By signing this form, the Landlord certifies, under oath, that it has not already received and will not otherwise receive any rent payment by or on behalf of the Household for the time period covered by this Agreement. Landlord further agrees that
if any duplication of payment occurs, they will promptly reimburse King County for the duplicated amount.
Landlord agrees to fully cooperate with any audit regarding compliance with the terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to review of payments that the Landlord has sought or received.
Terminology and definitions
- Authorized Representative/Property Manager
- An authorized representative or property manager may register on behalf of a property owner/landlord. You will need to provide proof of your right to represent the landlord. You will also be asked to provide information about the person or company
who owns the property(ies) and you will upload IRS Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification on behalf of the property ownership.
- EPRAP Payment Period
- EPRAP Payment Period: EPRAP Payment Period refers to the period of time that rent payments are being made by the King County, on behalf of the tenant. This could be up to 9 months of current and/or past due rent and up to
3 months of future rent. For a total of 12 months of possible assistance for a household.
- All people who occupy a single housing unit and have a history of shared resources. A unit may be occupied by one or more households, depending on lease arrangements. Eligibility will be determined and payment made for each individual household.
- Landlord Agreement
- You will complete the enrollment process by reviewing and providing your electronic signature on the Landlord Agreement and bulk payment agreement, if required.
- Landlord Property(ies)
- You will provide information about the property owned by the Landlord Ownership. You will be able to include multiple properties so long as they are owned by the same Landlord Ownership and are associated with the same W-9 and Taxpayer Identification
- A dwelling unit that is leased or regularly rented and/or occupied by a household.